What a busy half-term we have had. The children once again have impressed us with their curiosity, independence and perseverance. This week we have been focusing on giving the children an extra bit of challenge in the classroom by introducing 'challenge cards'. The cards have six different challenges for the children to complete throughout the week. This allows for the children to develop a range of areas of learning whilst they are engaged in their activities.
Once a challenge is completed the challenge card is stamped by an adult and the children move onto the next challenge. This week are challenges have been the following:
- Maths - adding two groups together
- Writing - writing a simple phrase
- Physical development - attaching paperclips to cardboard tubes
- Reading - visiting the story area with a friend
- Construction - building a bridge using Lego
- Visiting our outside space
Here are a few pictures throughout the week of the children completing the challenges.
We hope you have a wonderful half-term break and look forward to seeing the children on Monday 28th February 2022.
Mr Bartle and RB