Worcestershire County Council have shared some information regarding online resource availability:
Library membership is free and enables access to exclusive digital content including online events and activities, e reference tools to support home learning and a digital library which is bigger and better than ever before; offering thousands of e books, e audio titles and e magazines to suit all ages and interests. Not a library member? Worcestershire residents can join instantly online with a digital membership. Visit the Digital Library Hub to explore further http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20783/digital_library_hub
Online events & activities
- Visit http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20785/events_and_activities for an overview
- Storytimes and Rhyme time videos are available on demand via Worcestershire Libraries You Tube channel – or, watch them live every Monday, Wednesday & Friday via @WorcestershireLibraries Facebook page.
- Storytime at Home – Watch and listen to favourite stories, read by Worcestershire Library staff. Aimed at pre-school and KS1 children to enjoy alongside their parents and carers. Videos are posted every Monday & Wednesday at 10.00am on @WorcestershireLibraries
We continue to encourage interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths (STEAM) across our digital platform. Clubs now operating online are:
- Lego Club- A new weekly Lego challenge is set every Tuesday, suitable for children aged 3-11 years . Join the Library Lego club Facebook group.
- Coding & Computing Club – A fortnightly coding and computing club for 7-17 year olds and their families, exploring coding for all levels from beginner to advanced, utilising a variety of software and programming languages. Join the virtual coding and computing club Facebook group
- Monthly Minecraft Challenges – Access monthly Minecraft challenges in our exclusive library Minecraft worlds! Suitable for all ages and abilities. A new challenge is set at the beginning of each calendar month. Join the monthly minecraft challenge Facebook club to learn more Please note – users will need an existing Minecraft account to access and the game does have an online chat facility so parental guidance is advised for young users.
- Rhyme Time online – For pre-school children to enjoy alongside their parents and carers. Videos are posted every Friday at 10.30am
Speech Language Therapy in Worcestershire
Worcestershire Health & Care NHS Trust are building a collection of accessible information resources to help children and young people with additional needs or communication difficulties cope with all the uncertainties and disruption during this pandemic.
New resources related to Covid-19 are being added on a weekly basis to their website which you can access at: http://www.hacw.nhs.uk/sltcovid19.
For further support , please contact the Worcestershire Speech and Language Therapy on email at: WHCNHS.firstname.lastname@example.org
Britannica School have released a number of free resources, click the links below to investigate:
Please find below links to websites you may find useful:
Visit https://speechandlanguage.info/parents for lots of speech and language resources, advice and tips for parents working at home with their children who have speech, language, communication needs.
Joe Wicks daily workout: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-k